Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Making a backpack

This video is in two parts as it took quite a long time to explain everything. Making a backpack is not that difficult, but it is time consuming and involves many steps.

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Making the neckline of the yellow bodice

In this video, I'm showing how to alter a dress pattern to make the notched neckline of the yellow bodice shown in an earlier video. You need to know how to make a dress with a lining, because I'm only showing the changes needed for the pattern and what needs to be done differently when sewing the dress.

Monday, January 3, 2022

Winter coat using the McCall's pattern M7848

I finished a winter coat that had been in progress since the fall break. First, here's a video about making an inside pocket for it. 

After that, it was time to sew the lining in place. 

Friday, December 24, 2021

The dress prototype & some school projects

Here are the latest two videos, which I haven't posted here yet.

First, I finished the prototype of the dress with lining, so I can use it at home.

The second one is about the school projects after I finished the mascot heads.

Sunday, December 12, 2021

The secret isn't a secret anymore

The project I was working on at school in October-November was confidential, so I couldn't talk about it. Now the games are over and the mascots have been seen on TV and in the arena, so the secret is no longer a secret.

There will be a longer video at some point, probably during the Christmas break, as I'm going to tell how I made the mascot heads, but here's a short explanation of what was going on.

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Practicing with waffle fabric

I bought a piece of pink waffle fabric and got a book from the library to practice some designs. 

Monday, December 6, 2021