Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Small custom doll

As I've got two basic Draculauras, I also had a duplicate of Count Fabulous. I decided to try some customizing on him.

The first thing to do was to cut off the head and wings and to find a suitable donor body. I don't remember what kind of a head that doll originally had, but it was some kind of a fairy.

The picture shows the parts and the tool used for making a hole for the neck post. Here the wings are glued together with super glue, but that didn't hold, so I had to find another solution.

Front view with head and wings in place.

Back view with head and wings in place. I used hot glue for the wings and that made a bump on the back, but at least it held the wings in place.

First coat of black paint applied. This was easy as black is black and the usual problem of finding the right shade could be avoided. The feet are not yet painted as I needed some place to hold the doll while painting.

After a couple of coats of black paint, pink on the clothes, and satin sealer to protect it all, the doll was finished. She's shown here with the first Count Fabulous. I only noticed at this point that their eyes are different for some reason.


Herbie Hopkins said...

This is such a great idea, I love your little anthro' Count doll. She reminds me of my little LPS hybrids! If you don't mind I'd like to have a go at making my own - full credit will go to you of course! I just love this little girl so much, I "need" to have one! lol Hugs, Herbs x

Tarja said...

Of course I don't mind. It would be nice to see the result, when it's finished.