Sunday, February 7, 2021

More baskets

I have this shelf for which I've been looking for storage boxes of suitable size, but with no luck. After making those little baskets at school, I decided to modify the measurements of the pattern to suit the shelf and make some more of them. This is the result:


The red one is lower than the others, because of the measurements of the piece of fabric I had. I wanted the bottom of the basket to have the same size as in the others, so the sides had to be lower. It still works fine for the purpose.

The one with elephants is made of white fabric and only the front has pictures as I wanted to save most of that fabric for later use. The basket will be in the shelf most of the time, so the other sides won't show anyway.


The one with patterns was tricky, because there was no way to align the patterns. The fabric is from an old jacket and it was impossible to get pieces that could be aligned, so I decided to be content with aligning the types of stripes.


I've got another similar shelf in the living room, so I may end up making more of these later. These are so easy to make to fit the given space exactly. I wouldn't make these any bigger, though, or it would need to be from very stiff fabric. Even these are a bit floppy, but once you fill them with stuff (in this case, mostly fabrics), they will keep their shape quite nicely.

No comments: