Monday, March 15, 2021

Bias Binder

I decided to take a look at what accessories are available for my sewing machine. There is a quite wide selection of presser feet, and the one I decided to get was the bias binder. This is a lot smaller than in the machines we have at school, but it doesn't matter, because this is a good size for doll clothes.


The bias binding needs to be 24 mm in width, which means the end result is 6 mm wide. This picture is from a practice piece I sewed just to see how the thing works. Straight edges are easy once you figure out the right needle placement, but I'm not sure this can be used for curves. At least the first attempt failed, but maybe I just need some practice.


Here is the piece from the picture above. The needle placement was 1.8, which is quite a bit to the left. The default needle placement makes the stitches much too close to the edge.



No comments: