Thursday, November 26, 2020

Card-woven belt

Among the card-woven bands I made a few years ago was a narrow long band that was supposed to become a strap for a bag, I think. Doesn't matter what it was planned to be, it's now a belt. I ordered a plastic buckle of suitable size, which arrived yesterday.

One end of the belt is to be fixed into the buckle, so I sewed it in place securely. The other end allows for adjusting the length, so it just needed something to make it neater and easier to get through the openings in the buckle. As the band had pink in it and I had some bright pink leather, I thought that would be a good combination. In the photo below, there are two pieces of leather glued around the end of the band. I used PVA glue as it should work fine for something like this.


When the glue was dry, I cut off the excess leather, so the end is the same width as the band. In the picture below, that end is also in place in the buckle and has been adjusted to fit my waist. It's nice to have some extra length for adjustment, although I hope I'll never need it. In the picture, you can also see better how the other end was sewn in place.



No comments: