Below are some of my dolls modeling the outfits I have made. The dolls are from left to right: Chinoiserie Red Moon Silkstone Barbie, Model of the Moment Daria, and Spa Giftset Silkstone Barbie. The outfits are from left to right: Editorial Suit, Arts in the Afternoon, and Cocktail Fashion. The patterns for each outfit also include a pattern for a hat, but I have not made those.
Here is a back view of the same:
I also took some pictures as I was swapping the outfits around. The doll with platinum blonde hair is Hollywood Royalty Lana Turner.
This outfit is called Retrospective:
The other outfits in the book are:
- Holiday in Paris (a bubble dress),
- Limelight (pull-on stretch velour dress with a double tulle flounce),
- Best Bow (dress with fitted drop waist bodice with an attached full skirt and large fabric bow),
- Basic Dress (dress made of two pieces, suitable for beginners),
- Straight Sheath (A-line dress),
- Woodstock (1970s style rib knit one-piece jumpsuit and long fleece vest),
- Swimsuits (one and two piece),
- Pink Punch (felt midi coat with matching mini skirt and satin shell top),
- Gingham Dress (for the smaller busted fashion doll).
At the end of the book, there are instructions for scaling the patterns to fit 15-16" fashion dolls and instructions for making a hat using buckram.