Saturday, January 30, 2021

What to put inside the duvet cover?

Once we had made the bed sheet sets, we were told that a duvet would be the next project. I've never made one before, so that was interesting. The fabric we used was really difficult as it stretched in all directions, but somehow I managed to stitch it. The colored band shown in the picture wasn't in the original plan, but the sewing machine caused some tearing in the fabric due to the presser foot pressing too hard and that had to be fixed somehow.


The result was actually quite nice, considering it was my first ever attempt at something like this. I'm tempted to try making a full size one at some point.


Today, I went to a fabric store as I was going to the shopping mall where it is. Last weekend, they had this offer for a plastic bag full of fabrics for 5 €. You get a bag and you can pick what you want from a big box of fabrics. The photo below shows what I got that time. I especially like the swatches, because it's the same fabric in various colors, so the pieces are easy to combine.


Today they still had that offer, so I picked some more fabrics, because it's nice to get cheap practice materials. And more swatches, a lot more. The set in the middle has 32 different colors of the same fabric. This week, we were making some shopping bags in which you had to use at least three different fabrics. The structure is quite simple, and the hardest work is combining the pieces to form a 40x90 cm piece for making the bag. I'm thinking that those swatches would be perfect for making a couple of bags. The other swatches here are too thin for that purpose, but I'm sure I'll find some use for them. 



No comments: