Saturday, January 2, 2021

Collage of old comics

This is one of the projects I did at the same time with all the repainting. I had this old horror comic book that was falling to pieces. A good example of why acid free paper is used for anything that's supposed to last. I used parts of it for various projects, but decided to make a collage of one of my favorite stories.


I used a canvas meant for painting and cut out the best panels and also keeping some that made the presentation logical. Then I planned the placement on the canvas.


I painted the canvas black (using what was left of the metal paint), used glue varnish to glue the panels in place, and then applied glue varnish on top to protect the paper.


Here is the result. It's been a few years and the collage is still fine. It seems that the glue varnish stopped the paper from yellowing more.




No comments: