Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Some exercises

I finally remembered to take pictures of some of the exercises done last week. First one is pockets. And yes, there is a pocket on top of that checkered piece. It's not perfectly aligned, but well enough to make it hard to see the pocket right away. The other one was really an exercise in sewing a zipper. I needed one for the inside pocket in the bag I was planning, so the teacher decided to give us these exercises.


Then we learned how to sew corners as shown in the next picture. It's a good way to sew corners of small table cloths. It took a while to figure out how it is done, but it's not hard once you understand it.


The next exercise was sewing tote bags. I made two. In these, you needed to use at least three different fabrics and sew a pocket on the outside. The green one is the first one I made, and it's bigger, because I made a calculation error and the middle stripe is too high. The other one is really a mixed bag, because I first took the piece with blue stripes and then I had to find fabrics of the same thickness. I kind of like the result, though.


Here's a picture of both bags from the other side.


I have also finished the shoulder bag I mentioned earlier, but that deserves a blog post of its own, so I'll tell about that later.

No comments: