Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Chairs repainted

I thought I had gone through all of the repaints, but there were still some photos of chairs I painted at the same time as all the other stuff. It's amazing how much I could get painted with three small cans of paint.

First, there is this kitchen stool that's at least 20 years old, maybe older, but didn't really look like it. The only thing showing age was the slightly worn varnish on the steps and the top level. However, I wanted to take the opportunity to paint it as I was painting other furniture.


Then there were these two chairs. Not quite as old as the kitchen stool, but more worn. There's so much light colored wood in my home that some variety doesn't hurt, so these ended on the list of items to be painted.


Here is the painted kitchen stool. I used the same paint as for the sewing machine table. You couldn't really guess the age of this now, as good as new.


For the other two chairs, I used a colored varnish, which required way too many coats to look nice, but finally it got to the point where I was satisfied with the result. Here they are drying after the final coat of varnish. 


Then there was also this small table. The table top was in a fairly bad condition, so it needed painting, this wasn't just because I fancied a change. I didn't bother to paint the legs, because it would have been a bit complicated as this is a folding table. It was complicated enough to varnish the folding chair in the picture above.



No comments: