Saturday, December 12, 2020

Easy to make dress for Kindi Kids dolls

I'm not usually interested in little child dolls, but Kindi Kids are quite cute, and their proportions are interesting in the point of view of making clothes and shoes. So I bought one, and I'm going to experiment on some techniques I wouldn't use for items I make for collectible dolls.


The first idea was making a dress using felt. Unfortunately, this turned out to be too big, so I'll need to make the orange and blue parts a bit narrower, adding two more seams, but hopefully this can be salvaged.


The nice thing about the first experiment was that it gave me a good idea on what to change in the pattern. After making the changes, the pattern can be used for making the dress below. It's one piece of fabric, only shoulder seams need sewing, and back needs some sort of a closing mechanism (velcro recommended).


The pattern is available on my web site, so you can download it as a PDF file and make as many dresses as you like. And it's also a good starting point for your own creations as it has the basic measurements and you can make changes as you wish.

No comments: