Friday, December 4, 2020

Repainting a small drawer

Here's another piece I repainted. I bought this new and used it as it is for some time, but decided to give it some color when I was painting all the other stuff.


I painted the insides of the drawers white, the visible outside parts red, and the rest of the outside parts white. I wondered if I was going too far with painting sides that wouldn't be visible, but apparently it's a good idea to paint all sides to prevent any warping.


I didn't paint the inside parts of the frame, because I didn't want brown streaks on the white parts, and that would have happened at some point.


After painting, I applied some stickers to the front of the drawers.


And here is the final result. The combination of red and brown works quite nicely, although it was brought on by the fact that those were the colors I had available. Of course this, the box on the back and the other small drawer under this one also fit together nicely when the color scheme is the same.


No comments: